Coaxial Cable Abbreviation Key
Solid or stranded; conductor diameter is included.
- BC – Bare Copper
- TC – Tinned Copper
- SPC- Silver Plated Copper
- CCS – Copper Covered Steel
Foamed or solid, and engineered for desired impedance. Dielectric diameter included for connector compatibility.
- PE – Polyethylene
- FEP – Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene
- FPE – Foamed Polyethylene
- FF – Fluorofoam
- AS-PE – Air Spaced Polyethylene
- AS-FEP – Air Spaced Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene
Foil and copper shields are utilized. Dependant shield effectiveness and signal loss requirements. Copper shields can be braided or served. Foil shields provide 100% coverage. Braided or served shields coverage percentage is designated in each individual coaxial specification.
- AM Foil – Aluminum Mylar Polyester Tape
- BCSS – Bare Copper Served Shield
- BCBS – Bare Copper Braid Shield
- TCSS – Tinned Copper Served Shield
- TCBS – Tinned Copper Braid Shield
- SPCSS – Silver Plated Copper Served Shield
- SPCBS – Silver Plated Copper Braid Shield
Jacket material selection is dependent on the cable application and safety rating.
- FR-PVC – Flame Retardant PVC – Riser and General Purpose rated
- TPE – Thermo Plastic Elastomer – Highly Flexible
- PU – Polyurethane – High Flexibility, Chemical and Abrasion Qualities
- PE – Polyethylene for Outdoor and Direct Burial Applications
- FEP – Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene- Plenum Rated 200 Degrees C
- HALAR – ECTFE – Plenum Rated 150 Degrees C
- KYNAR – PVDF – Plenum Rated 125-150 Degrees C
- PlenAlloy – Plenum Rated PVC – 75 Degrees C
Full regulatory compliance on all of your custom requirements.
To fulfill our committment to the highest quality standards, we are ISO 9001:2015 certified. We are an approved supplier for the U.S. Department of Defense, and hold all industry standard certifications.
Get Started Now
Our team of experts is ready to find solutions for all of your custom cable needs.
425 Shrewsbury St.
Worcester, MA 01604