Coaxial Cable Construction Abbreviation Key
Solid or stranded; conductor diameter is included.
- BC – Bare Copper
- TC – Tinned Copper
- SPC- Silver Plated Copper
- CCS – Copper Covered Steel
Foamed or solid, and engineered for desired impedance. Dielectric diameter included for connector compatibility.
- PE – Polyethylene
- FEP – Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene
- FPE – Foamed Polyethylene
- FF – Fluorofoam
- AS-PE – Air Spaced Polyethylene
- AS-FEP – Air Spaced Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene
Foil and copper shields are utilized. Dependant shield effectiveness and signal loss requirements. Copper shields can be braided or served. Foil shields provide 100% coverage. Braided or served shields coverage percentage is designated in each individual coaxial specification.
- AM Foil – Aluminum Mylar Polyester Tape
- BCSS – Bare Copper Served Shield
- BCBS – Bare Copper Braid Shield
- TCSS – Tinned Copper Served Shield
- TCBS – Tinned Copper Braid Shield
- SPCSS – Silver Plated Copper Served Shield
- SPCBS – Silver Plated Copper Braid Shield
Jacket material selection is dependent on the cable application and safety rating.
- FR-PVC – Flame Retardant PVC – Riser and General Purpose rated
- TPE – Thermo Plastic Elastomer – Highly Flexible
- PU – Polyurethane – High Flexibility, Chemical and Abrasion Qualities
- PE – Polyethylene for Outdoor and Direct Burial Applications
- FEP – Fluorinated Ethylene Propylene- Plenum Rated 200 Degrees C
- HALAR – ECTFE – Plenum Rated 150 Degrees C
- KYNAR – PVDF – Plenum Rated 125-150 Degrees C
- PlenAlloy – Plenum Rated PVC – 75 Degrees C
425 Shrewsbury Street
Worcester, MA 01604